Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting a whining noise coming from the footwell on the passenger side since yesterday. Sure sounds like a blower motor to me....but....shut off the system and still getting some noise. Is the fan still running when the system control is turned off? I do feel some heat still coming out of the vents. Any feedback is appreciated.

·
Everything in Moderation
8,024 Posts
When you say 'shut the system off' do you mean HVAC or the whole car (Ignition)?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmmmm.....passenger side front wheel bearing maybe....noise got louder when I accelerated while driving 70 kph. Started CRV this am and no noise from fan on full while parked. Will take for a short drive later and see if noise reappears.

·
Everything in Moderation
8,024 Posts
Keep at it. If you get the noise when stopped, its not a wheel bearing. BTW have you removed the cabin filter to see if it has debris? Or if that allows you to hear the noise better?

A noisy fan COULD change tone under acceleration...ask Jeremy Clarkson about acceleration!:ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Keep at it. If you get the noise when stopped, its not a wheel bearing. BTW have you removed the cabin filter to see if it has debris? Or if that allows you to hear the noise better?

A noisy fan COULD change tone under acceleration...ask Jeremy Clarkson about acceleration!:ROFLMAO:
View attachment 137469
Checked cabin filter for the heck of it....clean no debris. I think the blower motor is off the list. Can't make the noise without the vehicle being in motion. At 60 kph steady whining noise from lower passenger side of car....changes to a lower pitch when you take your foot off the gas. Sounds like something rotating in the drivetrain....wheel bearing or ? Off to the dealer tomorrow. Will keep you posted.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well that's answers that question after a visit to the dealer and now $677 poorer. Turns out it was the bearing in the half shaft driving the passenger front wheel. Which explains why I was hearing the noise in the passenger footwell.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well that was a depressing day. Noise back again 12 days after replacing the half shaft. Same noise ....back to the dealer. Now its the drive shaft for the AWD. Had it removed and noise went away. Will drive until next week to make sure that this IS the issue. There goes the car repair budget for the year. On a side note went to leave the dealer and noticed they had put the E brake on. Drove away and the vehicle was vibrating like crazy. Seems that the cable for the E brake did not release properly which caused the vehicle to vibrate.....just like I told the service advisor what I thought the vibration issue might be before the tech got it on the hoist again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts