Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have the dash vents on with the heater control ….the SYNC button is lit....heat set at 20 degrees...its 16 degrees below zero outside.....the vehicle is up to operating temperature. The drivers side vent is blowing coolish air and the passenger side is blowing hot air. I disengage the SYNC button....turn the drivers side temp up to 26 degrees and leave the passenger side at 20 degrees. The drivers side continues to blow cool air and passenger is still hot. Something is amiss....anyone have a suggestion?

·
Everything in Moderation
7,918 Posts

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Carbuff hit the nail on the head. It's your heater core. Take it to the dealership and have it flushed. I'm surprised this is barely coming up after about 7 years. Most of the issues popped up within the first 2 years.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks folks....this does sound like the reason for the problem and my VIN number is on the list of vehicles....so off to the dealer. I'll keep you posted on the outcome.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Many thanks to the responders on my issue. Picked the vehicle up yesterday after an "expensive " heater core flush and now I have hot air coming out the drivers side vents. After thinking back I believe this has been going on since I bought the vehicle new....you would have thought that the dealer would have checked for this known issue when it was first reported by Honda Corporate. I guess my 100% loyalty to the dealer was not worth it in the long run. PS - they did give me a $50 discount on a $400 invoice.

·
Everything in Moderation
7,918 Posts
...you would have thought that the dealer would have checked for this known issue when it was first reported by Honda Corporate.
Unfortunately, the way TSBs work is, you need to complain first. Then the dealer (if they are smart...IF) looks to see if there is a TSB that will identify the issue and its resolution.

Of course, you didn't have another V to compare your car to...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts