Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 Honda CRV and the Push/Tilt button broke the other day. Went to the dealer and you can't just order a button at the parts dept. You have to come in and have the whole thing repaired for over $200 including labor. That is ridiculous...I need help finding just this little replacement button which just pops onto the switch. The switch still works it is just the button that broke, it has two little plastic clips and they broke so the button fell off. I am looking for assistance with where to get just the button or what the button is called so I can search for it. Thank you for your help.

·
Registered
280 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Maybe some glue or contact adhesive would make the old one work??
Or stop by a junk yard and see if they have just the plastic key cover, or maybe a complete switch assembly for way less than $200. I would actually stop by the yard and ask real friendly-like... or have the wife go in and ask. The guy who answers the phone is not likely to want to take much effort in resolving a $10 problem. But the counter guys (or gals... many junk yards now have women covering the front desk) are usually pretty nice when they are looking you in the eye and hearing your sad tale.

·
Registered
172 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
MNOldGuy;593433Or stop by a junk yard and see if they have just the plastic key cover said:
^ This

The upside of CRV being a popular vehicle is the number of them available at salvage yards. I've got replacement headlight lenses and armrests for a song compared to buying new (dog likes to stand on rear armrest with head out the window, armrest lost the battle). The interior items (like the moonroof switch) are typically undamaged.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts