Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Keep up with recommended change intervals and do all TSBs. I get our rear diff serviced the same time the trans is serviced. No shudder in our 2012... very smooth. Do not use aftermarket fluid or additives... only DW-1 and change the external filter.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I went to the dealer and they were able to apply the transmission software update. Unfortunately, I wasn't given the full TSB number, just "#150, which probably won't help members here look it up. It did fix the shifting problem and there is no more vibration.. for now. TSB also included a drain and fill of the transmission fluid. Pre-tax and fees were 1 hr labour ($150 CAD) for diagnosis and software update and $130 CAD for the transmission drain and fill.

The transmission still doesn't feel very smooth though. When I lift my foot off the accelerator to coast, the feel like it's getting caught on something. I have a feeling this was just a band-aid fix and the torque converter will eventually need replacing. Hopefully, this lasts a few more years and I can sell before it dies.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts