Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With a 2 week road trip planned for later this year, I decided to buy the Sat Nav update for my 2012 CR-V, but I can't get the update to work. I'm hoping someone here can tell me if I'm doing something wrong, if I'm being an idiot, or if there's a problem.

FYI, I have not installed an update since I've owned the car.

I followed the instructions that came with the maps, but when I put the USB in the car's USB slot, nothing happens. I tried twice, waiting 5-10 minutes each time, and nothing happened. I was out in the open, with the map 'active'. When I put the USB in the car's slot, a blue light lit up a few times, but nothing else happened. I put the USB in my computer to make sure there was something on it, and there are several files, so the USB isn't empty.

Any recommendations on what I can do to trouble shoot this? Is there a 2nd USB slot I'm not aware of that I should be using (I'm trying the USB in the center console that I use to charge my phone/play music from my phone)?

THanks for any advice you can provide.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Did you check your owner's manual re navigation updates? Check both upper and lower glove box to see if there is another USB port.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Exactly the same problem! 2014 Honda CR-V ordered and received yellow USB update. Following instructions, I wait until a map is displayed and insert the USB key. Its LED flashes 3-4 times but nothing happens (have waited as long as 10 minutes). USB symbol appears on the top dash display (not the map display) so it knows a USB has been mounted. If I try to go to [Update] on the system menu, it says no update is found. I've confirmed the USB key works by inserting into a computer and I also made a music key loaded with MP3 and can play the music, so I know the USB connection in the console works. Recommended next steps?

BTW, the instructions show where the USB port is located, and that's the one I'm using.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the same issue with my 2012 CRV...just received usb map update this weekend and was excited about updating as I haven't updated since purchasing vehicle. I did all the same steps...checked on computer, plugged in mp3, etc. Will be contacting Honda tomorrow (Monday) and give an update if I get a resolution. Very frustrating!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ok...so via another post on this site, found out there is another usb port in the top of the glove compartment (it's kind of hidden, but feel around on the top right side and you'll find it). Plugged in the usb map update and worked like a charm!!! Would save a lot of hassle and confusion if Honda would give the proper usb location in the instructions. Hope this helps somebody!

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Ok...so via another post on this site, found out there is another usb port in the top of the glove compartment (it's kind of hidden, but feel around on the top right side and you'll find it). Plugged in the usb map update and worked like a charm!!! Would save a lot of hassle and confusion if Honda would give the proper usb location in the instructions. Hope this helps somebody!
It helped me! I got my yellow USB update in the mail this morning. Found the USB in the glovebox and it worked perfectly. Navigation is updated. I tried once before a month ago with the USB in the center console and nothing would happen. Ended up returning the USB to Honda for a refund. Then I found your brilliant comment and my eyes opened and I saw the light lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
Street included?

It helped me! I got my yellow USB update in the mail this morning. Found the USB in the glovebox and it worked perfectly. Navigation is updated. I tried once before a month ago with the USB in the center console and nothing would happen. Ended up returning the USB to Honda for a refund. Then I found your brilliant comment and my eyes opened and I saw the light lol
Would you be willing to see if [Carellton Drive] in [Gallatin, TN] is contained in the 2017 map update?

·
Registered
23 Posts
What all changed in the update?? Is it just the underlying map info or did the user interface get updated to something that wasn't made on an etch a sketch????

1 - 9 of 9 Posts