Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Twice now our CRV transmission has slipped, once on me & now once on my wife yesterday. It happens when going very slow, if you let off throttle for say just a second, then reapply a little right away. The slip is momentary, but very noticeable. We have had it since August of last year, and it has 10,721 miles on it. We will of course be contacting the dealer, but wondered if anyone else experienced this problem?

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Welcome to the CR-V owners forum!
This portion of the forum is for posting problems with the web site itself, not your car.
For a quicker answer you should re-post the question in the Problems and Issues forum.

Based on what you've told us, I doubt the dealer is going to be of much help as what you describe sounds like normal torque converter reaction to small throttle inputs at low speed, but others may have a different opinion.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I wondered if I wasn't posting in the wrong place. Really appreciate the help (and believe as you do, the corp will be of no help).

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
I don't think it's a matter of the corp will be of no help, it's just the way automatics operate. The torque converter isn't locked up especially at slow speeds, so it's just 'catching up to itself' in that situation. Can you get it to repeat the symptoms? I'd think you'd be able to very easily and if so should demo it to the dealer just to be sure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts