Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Submissions are now being taken for JUNE CR-V OF THE MONTH
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello friends,

I'm about to buy the CRV described in the title. The engine, transmission and cosmetics are in great condition, but it seems to have a weird problem: When trying to go in certain settings on the I-MID, it shows that "settings could not be retrieved". I can adjust the clock, and do everythin radio-related (bluetooth, adjust sound, etc etc...), but for example, I can't adjust the settings for the auto headlights, auto-locks, etc... It seems that everything is just set to default.

It shows while trying to enter with the engine off and with the engine on. It doesn't let me reset the settings to the default options.

The Honda dealer in my country says that I need to change I-MID computer and that's an extremely expensive fix, but I don't know, something tells me there should be a fix because it's a computer, either it works or it doesn't.

Anyone here has any suggestions?

P.m. Pardon my english.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello friends,

I'm about to buy the CRV described in the title. The engine, transmission and cosmetics are in great condition, but it seems to have a weird problem: When trying to go in certain settings on the I-MID, it shows that "settings could not be retrieved". I can adjust the clock, and do everythin radio-related (bluetooth, adjust sound, etc etc...), but for example, I can't adjust the settings for the auto headlights, auto-locks, etc... It seems that everything is just set to default.

It shows while trying to enter with the engine off and with the engine on. It doesn't let me reset the settings to the default options.

The Honda dealer in my country says that I need to change I-MID computer and that's an extremely expensive fix, but I don't know, something tells me there should be a fix because it's a computer, either it works or it doesn't.

Anyone here has any suggestions?

P.m. Pardon my english.

Thanks![/QUOTE
hi....i have the same problem....2 days ago it was working well...

·
Registered
704 Posts
It sounds like the CANbus communications between iMid and Audio unit are OK, but the CANbus communications to the main computer are not working.

It could simply be that something is unplugged.

Maybe someone had a radio upgrade and when they switched back to the factory radio, they forgot to plug in one of the cables?

I would start by taking the radio out and checking all connections on back. Then do the same for the iMid unit.

·
Registered
25 Posts
agree with Jepalan,

do an In-Line Diag check. It will say "OK" or "NG" to each of the communications systems: B_CAN, F_CAN(if you have navi), DUET, GA-NET, CAMERA etc...

That'll help narrow down the hunt for the bad connection.

Good luck, post us your results

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.