Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 EX-L which has a built in satellite radio. I already have a stand alone satellite radio (StarMate 4) with a lifetime subscription on it, so I'll be using that rather than the stock radio. I'd like to plug into the stock antenna, but am having trouble determining what connector I need.

First, I found a similar 5 year old thread that seems to use the same black connector I need to hook up to: http://www.crvownersclub.com/forums/20-mobile-electronics/12733-xm-radio-antenna-adapter.html

I should be able to build my own adapter cable, but I need to know what terminal to buy.

Here is a photo of the stock antenna terminal that plugs into the OEM radio:

Does anyone know what this terminal is called and what male terminal I need to connect to it? It looks like is has a square hole and doesn't look like any FAKRA or SMB terminals I've been able to find.

Basically I just need to make a cable with a male end to fit to this and a standard SMB female terminal to connect to my radio dock.

Here is a picture from the other thread of the black male terminal connector I need...just not sure what it is called so I can't find any to buy:
4520d1292237582-xm-radio-antenna-adapter-london-20101211-00009-640x480-.jpg

Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Closing this out:

I reached out to Brian (email listed in the thread linked above) and he made me the adapter cable I needed. The reason I couldn't find a proper adapter elsewhere is because this is a Honda specific satellite antenna terminal. I still don't know what it is called, but I'm guessing you can only get them through Honda parts vendors. Even with some googling I wasn't able to find a place to source them. Thanks to Brian I'm all set.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts