Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking about putting a Kenwood Excelon NX6990HD in my crv and I see Metra has a dash kit yet Crutchfield says double-din players don't fit which means they they aren't providing their usual kits. Anyhow, a few questions:

1) I assume that I will lose the ability to set the clock and change backup view ?

2) Can the existing backup camera be run through a new stereo, if so, is there an adapter?

3) Does the antenna adapter and wiring harness for the 2011s work?

4) Finally, is there an adapter for the steering wheel controls?

Thanks

·
Registered
704 Posts
I am in the middle of upgrading my 2012 EX. Discussion is here with links to wiring diagrams,pinouts and photos if you are interested: http://www.crvownersclub.com/forums/20-mobile-electronics/19491-2012-cr-v-ex-audio-upgrade-project.html

I wrote Crutchfield about the double-din Metra kit and got a lame answer about needing to do hands-on research before they update their info. They currently do not provide any install instructions for 2012/13 CR-V even on products they say "fit" the vehicle.

The web page for the Metra Double-Din kit references the needed radio harness and antenna adapter for the 2012. I believe these are the same part numbers they reference for the 2011 - put the 2011 model into the metra site and double check.

The Axxess ASWC or PAC SWI-RC steering control adapter should both work with your Excelon head unit, but there may be some trial and error to get the correct connections and resistor combinations. The schematics for the steering controls are in the discussion I linked above - this will help.

There is no adapter for the back-up camera but you might be able to hack one using the schematics I provided.

Not sure about clock and camera view.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts