Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2012 Factory Spoiler Gap?

2K views 2 replies 1 participant last post by  RavenManiac 
#1 ·
I just installed a Honda OEM spoiler on my 2012 CR-V. In doing so I noticed that when I mounted the high-mount brake light on the spoiler it doesn't seem to fit flush with the spoiler. There tends to be a gap on the top left and right sides of the high-mount brake light. Basically, the area on either side of the rubber gasket that's built into the spoiler. Is that normal?

I was thinking of sealing that area with clear caulk, but I wanted to check to make sure I didn't do something wrong before doing so.

Also, my kit didn't come with a rubber plug for the high-mount brake light. Is that really needed? If so, where can I get one?

Thanks!

Product Text Font Technology Electronic device
Automotive exterior Bumper Auto part Tire Automotive wheel system
Vehicle

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Okay, I'm starting to wonder if Honda modified the high-mount brake light design because of a compatibility problem with its OEM spoiler. Take a look at these images. The first one is the original Honda 34270-T0A-A01 light assembly. Notice the two fixed bolt locations, which have a captive screw mounted in the assembly.

Automotive exterior Auto part Bumper part Vehicle

Now, check out these aftermarket light assemblies. Neither of which has the captive screws or the "washer like" protusion that's preventing my light assembly from mounting flush against the spoiler.

Pen Office supplies Ball pen Writing implement Writing instrument accessory

Tool Cutting tool Downhill ski binding

I've been trying to locate a photo of the back of one of the newer OEM high-mount brake light assemblies, espcially the red version, to see if the design has changed.

#3 ·
I reached out to my local Honda dealer this morning and I'm starting to shed a little more light on this situation. As it turns out Honda did change the high-mount brake light in 2015, so I'm wondering if there's a compatability problem with the Honda OEM spoiler I purchased, which is part number 08F02-T0A-1E0.

Here are the high-mount brake light part numbers:
2012-14: 34270-T0A-A01
2015-16: 34270-T1W-A01

I know there was a color change (white to red), but I'm more interested in how this part may have changed on the back. In other words, is the back of the high-mount brake light more flush than the pervious part number. If anyone has any information, or better yet photos of the new part number, that would be really helpful. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.