Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This Friday I'm taking her in to have the notorious "heater core" repair? Is there anything I should watch out for or prepare for regarding the dealer? This is suppose to be covered by the HondaCare warranty.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Everything in Moderation
7,878 Posts
MOVED to the Gen 4 area. :eek:

SEARCH this sub-forum, but if it was me I'd measure the before & after temp of the L&R outputs with a thermometer beforehand, to quantify an improvement.

I think there was at least one owner who was not satisfied with the repair, but that issue sat with the tech not doing the purge correctly or long enough.

·
Registered
138 Posts
You must have bought a 7 or 8 year Honda Care Warranty.....I just paid $400 out of pocket to repair mine. It will take 2 plus hours to do the repair correctly. Mine is way better now. Was wondering why I was always cold!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well ... bad news :Darn: HondaCare is refusing to cover the repair! They are claiming it as a form of maintenance (flushing the system - fluid related), not replacing a defective component. Thus, they are weaseling out of the cost. Typical!!!! I am awaiting a call from a supervisor to further explain their rationale. But, I am not hopeful.

I also called Honda's customer care department - they were no help either. So, I am down to the mercy of the dealership since my local shop does not do this kind of service (needing the pump, etc).

Any suggestions ... other than freezing till spring?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well ... bad news :Darn: HondaCare is refusing to cover the repair! They are claiming it as a form of maintenance (flushing the system - fluid related), not replacing a defective component. Thus, they are weaseling out of the cost. Typical!!!! I am awaiting a call from a supervisor to further explain their rationale. But, I am not hopeful.

I also called Honda's customer care department - they were no help either. So, I am down to the mercy of the dealership since my local shop does not do this kind of service (needing the pump, etc).

Any suggestions ... other than freezing till spring?
OK ... a HondaCare supervisor called me back. We discussed the issue. I thinkI was able to convince him this was not a negligent maintenace issue. Rather it was (and is) a manufacturing issue. Strangely he said they would rather replace the heater core than flush it. So, I am waiting on all the authorizations.

So, maybe HondaCare ain't so bad after all. We will see ... !

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The V is back and it appears the tech put it back together correctly. It took a day and a half. While there I had them do a drain 'n fill on the transmission. That seemed to cure the shudder (we will see, I plan on doing a second myself). Of course, it is 60 degrees here in Dallas - so I can fully test the heat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts