Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The I-MID (intelligent multi-intelligence display) won't turn off even when the car ignition is off. The screen will remain backlit with the clock and direction indicator staying on.

It isn't an issue with the door being closed since all the other lights will turn off. I can't just pull a fuse to it since the fuse is also needed for other functions.

Occasionally the radio will just turn off while driving, or the display will just start scanning through the presets. I'm thinking there is some kind of software issue, however, my toddler son had a lot of fun a while back putting loose change in the CD player, so I'm wondering if that could be an issue too.

Never had any issue with the backup cam display when in reverse.

Has anyone else run into this issue? I'm looking to get pointed in the right direction so I can ideally save myself some cost in diagnotics (not under warranty, 45k miles). Honda service won't say anything about it unless they run their own full diagnostic and money is tight.

Any ideas? Or options that don't involve the dealership service prices?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Falling back on the old "have you tried turning off and back on again", disconnect the battery for 10 minutes and see if that resets anything.

Could be something is shorted by a coin in the radio causing problems, so taking it out and seeing if you can get coins out.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Falling back on the old "have you tried turning off and back on again", disconnect the battery for 10 minutes and see if that resets anything.

Could be something is shorted by a coin in the radio causing problems, so taking it out and seeing if you can get coins out.
Exactly!!! Try this and then report back.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had this issue after my 2 year old son put 16 coins into the cd player. I was able to get all the coins out but now the i-mid stays on. No big deal until it started killing my battery. I pulled the #35 fuse and it shuts off now but I have no radio. The short has to be in the actual cd player! So either replace the radio or put the battery charger on every night.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The I-MID (intelligent multi-intelligence display) won't turn off even when the car ignition is off. The screen will remain backlit with the clock and direction indicator staying on.

It isn't an issue with the door being closed since all the other lights will turn off. I can't just pull a fuse to it since the fuse is also needed for other functions.

Occasionally the radio will just turn off while driving, or the display will just start scanning through the presets. I'm thinking there is some kind of software issue, however, my toddler son had a lot of fun a while back putting loose change in the CD player, so I'm wondering if that could be an issue too.

Has anyone else run into this issue? I'm looking to get pointed in the right direction so I can ideally save myself some cost in diagnotics (not under warranty, 45k miles). Honda service won't say anything about it unless they run their own full diagnostic and money is tight.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same problem with MID, does anybody knows what fuse can I remove other than 35, because fuse 35 only turns off the radio, but not the MID?

·
Registered
75 Posts

You'll likely find some answers in this discussion since it's the same issue, but a different year.

Cheers!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts