Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Edited: 2012 LX head unit replacement questions

Hi all,
I more interested in what functions I will "lose" if I install a replacement head unit...thinking the Kenwood listed below but also thinking about a nav unit...ignoring the steering wheel control connections.

If I use just the basic connectors:
Antenna Adapter: Metra 40HD11 $10.00/$20.00
Wiring Harness: Metra 70-1729 $13.00/$20.00
Dash Kit: Scosche HA1714B $50.00/ Metra 95-7802CH $25.00
What will I lose that is currently active with the factory standard no amp/nav system?

It is a significant cost increase to add the harness kit but is doable if I have to and really need to.
Your input and suggestions are needed and appreciated.

I've had my LX since early spring and overall love it...but...the factory head unit is "meh" at best and is glitchy with my iphone 6+...Occasional loss of signal though connected by cable...signal battle between hard wire and Blue Tooth and when BT wins the volume is lower...no Fast Forward for podcasts...Occasionally won't let go of previous podcast after disconnect/reconnect, leaving the car, etc. requiring a lot of button pushing...nothing I can't live with if I have to but grrrr tired of it.

Thinking about installing a Kenwood DDX372BT touch screen head unit...Just playing with it in the store it was worlds above in speed, connectivity, sound, etc. compared to the factory unit...fastest BT connection I've seen and when I started BT it showed every head unit in the store and still connected in a few seconds to the 372.

I'll be using the basic wiring harness and antenna adapter from Metra.

I've already replaced the front door speakers with JL Audio C2-650 speakers and upped the power with a JL Audio 50 mini amp...I'll keep both but change the amp install from speaker level inputs to the pre amp inputs increasing sound quality by a bit.

Thanks,
Kai

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the heads up and link. Just finished reading all of it...it could be a great tutorial if pics were added...Wow what an awesome job.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts