Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Over the past couple weeks, now that winter has passed and we've had a few good spring rains, I have noticed a lot of noise coming from my front end suspension. Without a doubt, on the driver side, and possibly the passenger side. I notice it when the car is moving say 35 and under and am gently bouncing up and down, or stationary if I push the car from side to side. To me, when I have got under the car, it sounds and feels like the stabalizer bar on the driver side. Any thoughts?

Also, I noticed that my stabalizer bar has grease fittings, and I am unsure if that means it is an aftermarket part or not, as I bought the car 'Certified Pre-Owned' about a year ago, and understood all parts were supposed to be honda parts, but can't find anything about grease fittings in the manual.

Thanks for your thoughts!

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
12,199 Posts
If your stabilizer end-links have grease zerks, they are aftermarket. That's a GOOD thing.

Give 'em three shots of grease, and for good measure, MAKE SURE the ends of each side are tight! (Even the factory assembly guys don't do that all the time.)

Even if a Honda dealer did all the service, even dealer techs will go aftermarket if they need to get a repair done THAT DAY and the dealer's parts counter is out of stock...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup. Seems like a $20 grease gun and $5 tube of grease did the trick (although, looks like you can get new sway bar links for cheaper than I spent on the stuff to grease it, haha.) After inspection, looks like the OEM were replaced with MOOG - seems to get decent reviews, but I havn't heard of them.

Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts