Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope this is not a sign of things to come with this car. I have a 2012 EX with about 30 000 km on it. Starting to notice a slight shudder / shake lately especially now that it's cooler out. It only seems to happen the first few minutes and when it changes from 2nd into 3rd gear - around 40 - 50 km/h. Has anyone else noticed anything. I have a feeling if I bring it to the dealer they won't find it. Really don't need this on a new car.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Is it time to change the trannie fluid?

That seems to cure a lot of things when it comes to these cars.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya I got the extended warranty. 4 years 80000km.
I didn't think its a huge deal now, it's hardly even noticeable. That's why I think when I take it to the dealership they are not going to find anything. I'm just worried that the day after the warranty is up the transmission will fall out or something crazy. Just wondering if others have noticed the same thing.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Same issue here, seems to be occuring between 25-30mph. Tried with econ on/off and no difference. Mine always seems to occur on descent of small hill or going up a hill. Anyone else having this issue and what did dealer say? Mine is asking for it overnight to test but I have a feeling I'll get the "we couldn't find anything wrong" answer.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Had it in to the dealer on Friday and they noticed it as well. Mechanic has been in touch with honda canada and it's been documented. They want the mechanic to record the computer while this is going on. Have to drop it off in the morning and will let you know what happens. Funny thought that since I had the winter tires put on with a second set of sensors it hasn't done it as much, still there but not as bad.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well today was a waste. They recorded the information and sent it off to honda canada with no solution or reason to what is wrong. Service manager said possible torque converter but no real reason. Have to bring it back on Friday for 3 transmission flushes per honda canada, not sure what that is going to do.

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Is it a four wheel drive?

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
How'd it go today?
I've been reading here on the forum lately and there seems to be a lot of transmission issues that are cleared up with the trannie flush.
Hope yours got cleared up too.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Not sure what to think about this, I guess time will tell. I talked with the service manager about what honda canada is having them do. He basically said it is about $$$. Which I kind of get but this is an almost new car (28000km) and to just change the fluid and hope it gets better is a joke to me. So far it's back to normal since the fluid change but for how long who knows. I still need to take it back yet again for them to take a " snap shot" of the computer during the shudder for honda canada. Don't think I'll be buying this car when the lease is up. Will keep you posted.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts