Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just wanting to post 4th gen. Crv on H&R lowering springs finally got installed. Mine is AWD I did notice comparing with FWD their seems to be more of a even drop front and rear with my AWD front a little higher than the rear maybe this has something to do with the AWD having a rear differential compare to an FWD which do not have. on factory LX rims and tires.

pic20160225183545.jpg

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
I’d be a little worried how much lower it is now in a snow storm. 2” puts it in car height territory.

Sorry, not trying to poop on your parade, I just know how much snow you get there.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’d be a little worried how much lower it is now in a snow storm. 2” puts it in car height territory.

Sorry, not trying to poop on your parade, I just know how much snow you get there.
Its all good. Just wanting to post a thread for the other members who have a 4th gen. and want to install with H&R lowering springs.

Wishing the front is a little lower with my AWD to match the rear but for the FWD it will have the same height.
Ride is softer the the factory haven't tried it yet on long drive just around town. will do an update.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like the new stance. How much is the drop?
Thanks. The H&R springs says 1.4" for the front and 1.3" for the rear which i think is spot on didn't able to do actual measurement but you could see in the pictures mine is AWD which have a rear differential.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Baksi, I have the H&R's on my 14 LX as well. I love the stance however the ride is a little rough. Do you think so?
I did drove like 1000kms last week and i had experience some Rough ride specially in the city but in the hi-way its mostly fine. but i did use a lower profile tire so i can't say what it will have been if i use the factory LX.

Here is my Volk Rays Gramlights 57RC 18" staggered 235/50r18 tires.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Bud. It is higher on front with full passengers at the back but without its a little ok.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just wanting to post 4th gen. Crv on H&R lowering springs finally got installed. Mine is AWD I did notice comparing with FWD their seems to be more of a even drop front and rear with my AWD front a little higher than the rear maybe this has something to do with the AWD having a rear differential compare to an FWD which do not have. on factory LX rims and tires.

View attachment 59041
Hey Baksi, I got an 4th Gen. CR-V AWD as well and I was wondering how are the lowerings springs yet ? How are the oem struts / shocks; Are they still in good condition ? Have you keeped the oem shocks ?

Wanted to lower my CR-V but I want to make sure if I need to do some other modifications when I lower the car.

Thanks man

·
Registered
7 Posts
a year later... BUMP
i did not seem to find any springs offered by H&R for the CR-V after 2011.
advice for lowering a crv gen 4 2016?
anyone?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts