Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys,

Curious as to what the available brands are for the 4th generation (2013) CRV is. From my research, all I've been able to find are the Monroe, KYB, and Gabriel. Are there more options for our struts? Something like Tokico, or any other "better" brands?

Given the option, of the original 3 I listed, would my best option to go with the KYB struts?

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
I honestly don't know, but why would you replace the strut on such a new vehicle?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The car has nearly 60,000 miles on it, and I am hearing noises coming from the driver-side strut. I'm starting to get a little uneven wear on the front tires, both things point towards problems with the struts.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have not found any other struts either although I have not looked for about 6 months. Although it may not be common struts can go bad in 60,000 miles, my wife's Civic had a failed rear shock absorber at 50,000.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I would check your alignment first. All four wheels. 60K is awfully soon for a strut to leak or break.

What shall we have? An '82 Margaux! Is it any good? Good....?, It will make you believe in God!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hi guys,

Curious as to what the available brands are for the 4th generation (2013) CRV is. From my research, all I've been able to find are the Monroe, KYB, and Gabriel. Are there more options for our struts? Something like Tokico, or any other "better" brands?

Given the option, of the original 3 I listed, would my best option to go with the KYB struts?
I had good luck with KYB/Excel-G with 98 Altima (4-corners) and 2007 Civic sedan (rear only). They are direct OE replacement. Get Strut-Plus for the front; it gives you better value.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'd stick with OEM, which is made by Showa.

The OEM shock absorbers run around $80-100 each from Honda dealers with online parts departments.

Part #s for the front shock absorbers are 51611-T0G-A01 and 51621-T0G-A01. The rear is 52611-T0A-A02.

If you really wanted to go aftermarket, I'd go with KYB and avoid Monroe.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts