Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 crv, need to replace the battery.. I have read a few things online and I have some questions ...

1. If I don't hook up a back up power source ... besides losing my radio settings what else will go wrong?. I read the ECU(PCM?) will rest.

2. If my car does lose its ecu/pcm settings... will it recalibrate on it own? I read to let it idle for 10 min. And Will re-calibrate itself. if this is true then I don't see a real problem if the settings reset (aside from the radio) because it will fix itself over time.

3. Is it good to Reset the ecu/pcm every so often?

·
Registered
229 Posts
I took the battery out of my 2012 EX, drove to the dealer, got a new higher output battery, brought it home and installed it and never noticed any issues. I don't know if having a NAV system makes a difference, but I never had any radio or other issues.

I reset the ecm every time I clean the MAF sensor, which I do when I replace the air filter.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
I didn't experience any problems with our radio or any other electrics when replacing our '13's battery either.
I highly recommend getting a Group 24f battery instead of the stock size though.

·
Registered
84 Posts
A few months before trading in our 13 EX-L, the OEM battery was dead, found a new one at the auto parts store, no issues after installation, maybe had to reprogram radio stations.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts