Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Can anyone help. My UK 2013 CR-V 2.2D has suddenly developed a problem. The passenger power window and the same side wing mirror have both stopped working at the same time. The master control switch and the passenger switch for these items don’t work but the switches for all other windows and drivers wing mirror work as normal.
Checked fuse’s, but can’t find one for wing mirror, all ok. Checked for damaged wires at door hinged position, all ok.
I am thinking it’s probably pointing towards the passenger window side switch or the Master switch assy on driver’s door. But what I can’t understand why the window and side mirror have both stopped when they are on different switches. I can’t find a wiring diagram anywhere on the internet.
Any help / ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
1997, 2002, 2017 my expertese lies there
3,102 Posts
Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi. Can anyone help. My UK 2013 CR-V 2.2D has suddenly developed a problem. The passenger power window and the same side wing mirror have both stopped working at the same time. The master control switch and the passenger switch for these items don’t work but the switches for all other windows and drivers wing mirror work as normal.
Checked fuse’s, but can’t find one for wing mirror, all ok. Checked for damaged wires at door hinged position, all ok.
I am thinking it’s probably pointing towards the passenger window side switch or the Master switch assy on driver’s door. But what I can’t understand why the window and side mirror have both stopped when they are on different switches. I can’t find a wiring diagram anywhere on the internet.
When you lock the car with key BUTTON does that door lock &unlock or is all power to that door gone?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Another thought..has anything Sticky been spilled in the switch buttons on that or the drivers door?
Hi.yes the door locks as normal. Only power to window and wing mirror gone.
No nothing been spilled.
Appears strange only these are affected and on different switches.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi.yes the door locks as normal. Only power to window and wing mirror gone.
No nothing been spilled.
Appears strange only these are affected and on different switches.
Does this car have a sun roof? If so is the carpet wet under the dash? The sun roof has a drain tube that runs down through the "A-Pillar" by the windshield if it gets plugged up it can leak into areas where wire harness plugs are and corrode connections. Start at switch testing for power and follow wires till you find the point where you finally get voltage..Your probably looking for a harness plug that has a problem so when you find it everything will work again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No sun roof fitted. But you did get me thinking. I cleaned blocked drain holes at the bottom of A frame to windscreen a few weeks ago. I did manage to find a wiring diagram on internet, so only way now is to check all wiring from passenger side back along the harness.

·
Registered
14 Posts
No sun roof fitted. But you did get me thinking. I cleaned blocked drain holes at the bottom of A frame to windscreen a few weeks ago. I did manage to find a wiring diagram on internet, so only way now is to check all wiring from passenger side back along the harness.
Sounds good just keep in mind that moisture infiltration, and Mr. Mouse are the first suspects in solving the mystery lmao. take your time and good luck.;)

·
Enforcer
1,935 Posts
Normally its the window switches that go on these.

Ebay search a replacement 👌

·
Registered
2007 CRV
110 Posts
Sorry do not know anything about
But, if it is anything close to the 2007 then, ...

For testing purposes, remove driver's door panel but do not remove the connector for the master switch.
With test light or voltmeter, check for power going into the switch.
If there is power then fuse to switch is okay
Operate switch and check for power coming out of switch
If there is power then switch is okay

Make sure the main switch for the other windows (on the master switch) is off
This switch should provide the ground when off (window switches are operational)
and open when the switch is on (window switches do not work).

If there is no power but door switches operate the windows then fuse is okay
Wiring to master switch becomes suspect
If there is power going to switch then operate switch and check for power going out of switch
If no power out then master switch becomes suspect
If there is power out then wiring from master switch to door switch/window motor becomes suspect

Window motor operates with door switches then window motor is okay.
May have to check the master switch's main switch for the other windows for proper operation
Failure would indicate master switch is suspect.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts