Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2013 CR-V 2.4 oil leak - HELP

Tags
2013 crv leak oil
9K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  idude1471 
#1 ·
Hello I have a 2013 CR-V with just shy of 80k miles. Its my wife's daily driver and when she got home last night she said the low oil light was coming on when the car was braking or turning. I first checked the dipstick which was about as low as it could be. So now I have 2 questions. How to get off the weird metal rivets on the plastic undercarrige (not the plastic rivests those are no problem).

Second any possible ideas where this leak is coming from? the plug and filter both look okay and most of the oil is on what i think is the crank case. Ive attached picures of the metal rivet and the oily underside.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Auto part Tire Automotive tire Metal Automotive wheel system
Auto part Engine Automotive engine part Fuel line Pipe
Automotive exterior Bumper Auto part Automotive wheel system Automotive tire

See less See more
#2 ·
I have a '13 also so will be watching this thread.

What is the orientation of the first photo?

Is it looking forward from behind?

I've only ever had the removable cover off ours for changing oil. Never had a need to remove more of the plastic under body.
Your last photo looks like there might be some sort of driver needed for the 'silver' part of the 'rivet' in order to remove it. Hopefully one of our tech guys can give a definitive answer.

Were there actual 'drips' in the first photo?

How long since you'd last checked the oil level?

#3 ·
From the pics, it would appear the oil filter is not properly installed, as in not tightened correctly or the wrong filter. Who performed the last oil change? Stock Honda oil filters are blue. It looks like the oil is being expelled from that area under pressure then air flow is carrying it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.