Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Just want to share my retrofit with everyone here and hopefully help anyone with a question.

Quick list on the retro:
Projectors: FX-R 3.0 3” Lens/LHD [x2]
Ballast: Morimoto XB55 (50W) [x2]
Ballast Igniters: Morimoto XB (D2S) [x2]
Shrouds: Panamera [x2]
Wire Harness: MotoControl Bi-Xenon: H4/9003
Halos: 120mm White [x2]
Sealant: OCI Butyl Rubber Glue

Link: http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/show...Light-Retrofit

Front day night halo rings.jpg

·
Registered
236 Posts
Looks great. Did you do it yourself or have someone else do it? Cost of parts? Time or cost to have it installed? Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@sc crv
Thanks! It took me about ~20hrs thru out the week. Parts listed was bought from The Retrofit Source and I highly recommend them for your retro. Cost I would say roughly $350 + my time.

@Honda4Life
Thanks! I nearly convinced myself to just throw HIDs on and call it a day. Glad I went the retro route.

I also want to thank CyC for sharing his retro and experience.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Nice!!!! Glad to see you were finally able to have the time to do the retrofit! Its always nice to see a proper Retrofitted headlight and not some ebay projectors or HID bulbs in halogen housings. Nice and clean job!

I also broke a few of my grille clips, those things are a PITA.

Using Halos for DRL's?

btw the link to HIDPlanet doesnt work on the thread, but the one on your signature works.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Im currently shopping for a 4th gen and if I get one I will definitely PMing you about the wiring when using drl's. Had been planning a retro for my 2nd gen but, that wont be happening now.

Also, did you ever bother with figuring out how to run the fog/driving lamps with just the parking lamps on by chance?

BTW, post some night shots of you could.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts