Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The CR-V is due for a transmission fluid change. I found out that there is a transmission filter on my 2013 CR-V LX (see link HERE, it's no. 8) and I am not sure if that filter needs to be replaced.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Well at least it's not an internal filter. On my old Jeep I had to drop the pan to replace the internal filter. I would change it, sine it seems very simple. How many miles do you have?

·
Registered
135 Posts
IF you can get to it, sure why not change it? i'm sure the filtering media in it will become clogged or worn eventually.... My '09 Civic, RIP, had a similar filter way on the back side near the fire wall and i never replaced it because it was terribly hard to get to. You would have to remove the air box, the intake tube leading to the throttle body but before you could do that you had to remove this cowl that basically shielded the back half of the engine. All i ever did was drain about 3 quarts and replace three quarts as it wasn't really recommended to replace that filter.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your replies!
I have about 32000 miles on it. Looked under the hood today and couldn't find the filter. It's somewhere under the air filter/box behind the transmission. I'll look for it when I am under the car changing the transmission fluid.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Its really hard to get to but its easier to see if you take the front drivers side tire off the car you will be able to see it. I wanted to replace mine haven't had a chance yet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts