Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello group - I just purchased a 2013 Honda CR-V. Obviously it was a used car. When I follow the instructions to pair my S10 phone (which IS in discoverable mode), the only device that the car finds is apparently the old owners phone (why I don't know). My phone does not detect the car either.

My question is can I force a pair? I have a feeling my phone may be too new for the car to pick up. I checked the compatibility website that someone posted in one of these forums and the Galaxy phones only go to 5th gen.

How do I remove the old owners phone from the pairing list? It comes up "Windows" phone and neither my husband nor I have a windows phone.

·
Registered
2013 EX
41 Posts
I had same issue with my 2013. You must delete old paired phones first.

(Edit: There are probably better videos out there- just do a google search for pairing a phone with the 2013 honda CRV,)

See if this video helps remove old phone-

And use this one to pair your phone-

·
Registered
2016 CRV EX-L AWD
427 Posts
Yes delete all old phones then pair. Works fine with all our samsung phones except we dont have the s10. Works with s3,s4,s6,s7,s9+.

·
Registered
786 Posts
I have both my phone and my wife's phone paired with the 2012, but I don't remember how we did it... I do know it was a ^%%$%$.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts