Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought my vehicle last February. Was driving a few days ago and my larger screen (the one between the A/C vents) started to flicker and then went black. Radio was still playing. Currently it pops back on and goes black alternately and the radio still works. Went to the dealer (am still covered by certified warranty) and they said the entire unit has to be replaced. Am currently waiting for the unit to come in and then they will put it in. Luckily I am covered. Saw these OEM units online and they range from $2500 - $4000!

Few questions. Once they install the new one will I have to re-update the current maps (I bought the thumb drive and did this a few months ago) or will the dealer do this? Also, since it is a new radio, I am assuming the dealer will pay the Sirius XM fee that they charge to swap out a radio on a current subscription.

Has anyone else had this happen to them?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I got my unit replaced and got the answers to my own questions. Since no one replied, perhaps this will be useful to others.

The unit was already updated to the most current maps. I found this out when I tried to install my flash drive update that I ordered earlier in the year and the unit gave a message that the maps were already up to date.

It seems that the unit is "new" only for the navigation system and AM/FM radio. I had to put in all my presets again. The XM radio must be another unit as the XM radio number was the same and all my presets came in exactly as I had them set before.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I always thought the Xm radio was a completely different unit that plugged into the back of the main unit; that's cool that all your presets for it remained after having the head unit replaced.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts