Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello people; What do you think the PM is? My 13 V has like 105,000 and PM is on my mind. I know brakes, tires, serpentine belt but what else? This 13 V is the newest vehicle I've ever owned and I'm the second owner.
IBBY

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hello; Valve adjustment? I've never adjusted a hydro valve. Any valve adjustment I had to do in my past was solid lifters I had in a bike.
IBBY

·
Registered
132 Posts
-- From my local dealership. I go to Best One, but I use the dealership intervals.

If you haven't done the 90k service, I'd do that as well.

90,000-mile service (90 months)

• Replace engine oil and filter
  • Rotate tires
  • Visually inspect front and rear brakes; Check pads and discs for wear
  • Visually inspect calipers for leaks
  • Visually inspect wheel cylinders for leaks
  • Visually inspect tie-rod ends, steering gearbox, and rack boots
  • Visually inspect suspension components for damage; Check ball joint boots for deterioration and damage
  • Visually inspect driveshaft boots for cracks, and check boot bands for tightness
  • Visually inspect brake hoses and lines; Visually check the master cylinder, proportioning control valve, and ABS modulator for damage and leakage
  • Lubricate all locks, latches, and hinges
  • Check parking brake adjustment
  • Brake fluid flush (replace fluid using Honda procedure)
  • Clean and lube caliper slide pins
  • Visually check all fluid levels, condition of fluids
  • Visually inspect cooling system hoses and connections for damage, leaks and deterioration
  • Visually inspect exhaust system (catalytic converter heat shield, exhaust pipe, and muffler)
  • Visually inspect fuel lines and connections for looseness, cracks, deterioration, and leaks
  • Check operation of all lights and controls, check headlight position
  • Inspect the vehicle underbody; Check frame and panels for damage
  • Complete transmission service (replace fluid and external filter using Honda procedure)
  • Rear differential service (replace fluid using Honda procedure)
  • Replace air cleaner element
100,000-mile service (100 months)
  • Rotate tires
105,000-mile service
  • Rotate tires
  • Visually inspect front and rear brakes; Check pads and discs for wear
  • Visually inspect calipers for leaks
  • Visually inspect wheel cylinders for leaks
  • Visually inspect tie-rod ends, steering gearbox, and rack boots
  • Visually inspect suspension components for damage; Check ball joint boots for deterioration and damage
  • Visually inspect driveshaft boots for cracks, and check boot bands for tightness
  • Visually inspect brake hoses and lines; Visually check the master cylinder, proportioning control valve, and ABS modulator for damage and leakage
  • Visually inspect cooling system hoses and connections for damage, leaks and deterioration
  • Visually check all fluid levels, condition of fluids
  • Lubricate all locks, latches, and hinges
  • Check parking brake adjustment
  • Visually inspect exhaust system (catalytic converter heat shield, exhaust pipe, and muffler)
  • Visually inspect fuel lines and connections for looseness, cracks, deterioration, and leaks
  • Check operation of all lights and controls, check headlight position
  • Inspect the vehicle underbody; Check frame and panels for damage
  • Cooling system service (replace antifreeze using Honda procedure)
  • Replace spark plugs
  • Check idle speed
  • Replace outer belts
  • Visually inspect water pump
  • Clean & lube caliper slide pins

·
Registered
17 CRV EXL AWD, 14 CRV EXL AWD
1,776 Posts
hello; Valve adjustment? I've never adjusted a hydro valve. Any valve adjustment I had to do in my past was solid lifters I had in a bike.
IBBY
Hello, you don't have hydraulic lifters. If you wait to long the valve clearance on the exhaust valves decrease to zero, followed by burned exhaust valves followed by a new head and valves.

Attachments

·
2,814 Posts
Moving to Gen 4 Section, as this section is closing.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hello people; I guess I have to learn more about my engine. With this vehicle I told myself to just do what I had to do to keep it going. So could someone explain the valve sytem? It must be overhead valve as with a old Kawasaki I had you would replace shims that came in different sizes maintain the clearance. Is the V the same?
IBBY

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Yes, it's a 2.4L DOHC K series engine. It's been around with minor variations for years. Valve clearance is performed by adjustment screws, not unlike the days of push rods. Attached is valve adjustment video for your viewing pleasure during the coronavirus stay in place.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Everyone has given you sound advice on this thread. I would replace spark plugs, coolant, engine oil and filter, transmission fluid, do a valve adjustment, and check the brakes.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hello people; I've known people that have done maintenance by the book and others that have done nothing by the book and both had good running vehicles.
But how many out there with over 100K have done the valve adjustment?
IBBY

·
Registered
22 Posts
hello people; I've known people that have done maintenance by the book and others that have done nothing by the book and both had good running vehicles.
But how many out there with over 100K have done the valve adjustment?
IBBY
You're asking what you need , do it or don't do it, it's up to you but you asked for the proper advise. I would have done the adjustment at 50- 60000 miles.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hello people; Funny I see a lot of views with only a couple of people that did the valve adjustment.. I guess if there not noisy then leave it alone?
IBBY

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
hello people; Funny I see a lot of views with only a couple of people that did the valve adjustment.. I guess if there not noisy then leave it alone?
IBBY
The valves don't necessarily get noisier, the clearance on the exhaust valves get smaller with valve seat wear.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hello people; Here's another PM question. How many of you have changed there plugs. I've got over 107K and I have not.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
The maintenance minder normal will indicate spark plug replacement at 110k miles. Iridium plugs last a long time. Be sure to replace them with only OEM plugs listed in your manual, accept no substitute.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
The maintenance minder normal will indicate spark plug replacement at 110k miles. Iridium plugs last a long time. Be sure to replace them with only OEM plugs listed in your manual, accept no substitute.
I'm at 91k miles now with 80% left and it's already telling me I need spark plugs at next service. I have 3k on the oil, so I definitely won't make it to 110k miles. I plan to do them and a valve lash when I do my next oil change.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts