Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
New here hoping to find some answers. Wife picked up a 2013 crv last year. Recently it started to kinda shudder hesitate when lightly accelerating at low speed. It has progressively grown worse.
I went online and most were saying clean the egr valve. Clogged ports common especially if driven by elderly person. The previous owner was elderly. I went online to you tube to locate egr. That's where my issues began. Seems this 2013 isn't like any of the honda crv egr removal vids. They show it driver side near front. The civic videos look like the engine is a 180 from our crv. I feel like an idiot but I honestly cannot see anything resembling the egr. I've always owned Chevrolet vehicles and done my own work so I'm a bit handy with mechanical repairs but this Honda is looking Greek to me.
Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance!
Dave

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
10,804 Posts
Our '06 doesn't have EGR, our '07 Fit did.

If you are looking to locate parts, go to one of the online Honda dealers (Bernardi Parts, HondaPartsCheap, etc). You can then 'wade' through some of the diagrams (they don't always seem to be logical) to find your parts.

This is also beneficial when buying new parts, as you can use the Honda part number as a reference when SEARCHing.

++++++++++

That said, has the ATF in your car been replaced recently? That may be the cause of your shudder. If you change it, use Honda brand ATF (DW-1).

There is also a TSB on that shudder issue, look in the TSB section here.

·
Registered
17 CRV EXL AWD, 14 CRV EXL AWD
2,191 Posts
Sounds like the torque converter issue with the 4th gen CRV. See the attached link to Honda's TSB concerning this. They will first update the software and change the transmission fluid. If that doesn't help or the problem comes back they will replace the torque converter. BTW they extended the warranty on this issue to 8yr/80k. So if you are still under this warranty period get it repaired asap. The problem only gets worse with time.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
I also agree with doing a drain and fill of the ATF.
If the ATF looks real dark or smells burnt , do a least another one after driving it around 10-100 miles.
But I would really follow Traylaw's advice first.
And, if you change the ATF, then use Honda DW-1 esp if it is still under warranty.

Buffalo4

·
Registered
491 Posts
Our '06 doesn't have EGR, our '07 Fit did.

If you are looking to locate parts, go to one of the online Honda dealers (Bernardi Parts, HondaPartsCheap, etc). You can then 'wade' through some of the diagrams (they don't always seem to be logical) to find your parts.

This is also beneficial when buying new parts, as you can use the Honda part number as a reference when SEARCHing.

++++++++++

That said, has the ATF in your car been replaced recently? That may be the cause of your shudder. If you change it, use Honda brand ATF (DW-1).

There is also a TSB on that shudder issue, look in the TSB section here.
Here are links to latest versions of TSB 15-086 and associated 17-040, which covers the torque converter replacement under the 8 yr, 80k warranty.
https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2017/MC-10108756-9999.pdf
https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2017/MC-10108759-9999.pdf

1 - 5 of 5 Posts