Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2013 CRV Tires

Tags
2013 crv tires
14K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  Coastie05 
#1 ·
We just bought a 2103 CRV-EX front wheel drive. The car is like new. The problem is the tires. The oem tires were replaced with Firestone LT 225/75R17, load range E, 10 ply tires. The road noise is deafening. Any suggestions for the best tires to put on this car?

#2 ·
10 ply tires!!!!
Do they make it ride like a truck too?
Yikes.
We've been having real good luck with the OEM's on our '13 EX. Others seem to hate them though. We don't get snow so that may be the reason why we like them. They do have a little bit of road noise if the road isn't really smooth, on asphalt they are almost noiseless.
Welcome to the forum, sorry I don't have much to offer in the way of help.

#7 ·
Firestone LT 225/75R17, load range E, 10 ply tires.
That’s crazy. You sure it’s 225/75 17. I find it very hard to believe they got that size in there. Is there spacers/lift kit on the CRV???

#9 ·
I gotta see pics, that’s amazing.

Sorry, got a little off topic, but ya those 10 ply tires must feel like moving rocks.....

#12 ·
That is an interesting choice of tires !! Maybe the previous owner was an over-the-road trucker !! My '13 still has the original rubber which is widely criticized on this Forum (Bridgestone Dueler HP whatever), but have been OK for me but I generally drive VERY sensibly. 23,000 miles and still have 7/32" tread which is acceptable for OEM tires. Tires are like oil - everyone has an opinion and no two are alike usually. Thfor tires best suited for a CR-V !! I think apdluu posted it. I'm thinking my next set will most likely be Continental, but that's just me.

#13 ·
I'm running Michelin Latitude Tour HP 225/65R17 102H on my 2013 CRV AWD.
They are acceptable if you don't push them, but nowhere as good as the Michelin XM1 and XM2 that I had on my old 2003 Subaru Forester. I was tempted to try a lower profile to lessen the sidewall flex/roll but wasn't sure if the ride quality would suffer.

#17 ·
My OEM Continentals are at 4/32 and 43,xxx miles. I have an appointment on Saturday at the local Goodyear store since they have a deal for free installation of 4 tires. I'm getting the Assurance Fuel Max tires. Mid October we're going on vacation from South Texas to Arizona and back and will rack up about 3,000 miles on the new tires. I'll let y'all know how they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.