Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a used 2013 EX. So far I have pretty much no complaints. The one minor thing that bugs me is that if I plug in my iPhone via the USB cable, it goes straight to Pandora. I frequently listen to podcasts, and also music on my phone or Spotify. Is there a way to disable Pandora or at least allow me to choose the audio I'd like to listen to when I plug in to USB? On bluetooth, it just resumes playing whatever I was last listening to. Is it possible to make this the behavior for plugging in with USB?

Also, instead of the song info and album artwork from the music app, it just shows the Pandora icon and says "Pandora paused". Can I have the song info from the music app display on the iMID?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Probably not the best answer, but you could uninstall Pandora from your iPhone and this won't happen. Other option and probably an easier one is to pair your iPhone to the CRV via bluetooth audio pairing. You could then still keep Pandora installed on your iPhone and avoid this issue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I have my phone connected via Bluetooth, and that's how I use it most of the time. But on longer drives I like to charge my phone and listen at the same time, plus the audio quality over USB is way better than Bluetooth. It seems like such a glaring oversight by Honda that they would assume the ONLY thing I'd ever want to listen to when I plug in my phone is Pandora.

I guess I just wanted to confirm that this is the standard/expected behavior when I plug my phone in and not some setting that I'm missing?

·
Registered
9 Posts
... On bluetooth, it just resumes playing whatever I was last listening to...
I just bought my first CR-V, a 2013. Loving it, but working out some smaller kinks. My first issue is how to *stop* the vehicle from doing what is quoted - resuming playing Spotify automatically when I start the vehicle and after bluetooth connects. I have to manually go into my phone and pause it there. I have an LG G6 phone. Any thoughts?!

On a related note: There is no way to pause the music. According to the manual it says that the "1" button on the main stereo is supposed to pause and resume music, but that button does anything, it seems to only starts music for me, not pause it. And the manual says the "pause/resume" button may not work with every phone. Hmmm....any thoughts?

Thanks!

Paul - a CR-V newbie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts