Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bought it brand new from the dealership and I've never been so disappointed in a car before. This is our first, and last Honda.
It has 14k miles on it now...

Clunks, groans and grinds, rattles.
Heated seats frequently seem to shut off after a few minutes.
Driver's seat frequently changes position while car is parked. Have found it completely reclined before. Usually it self-lowers and tips backward. I have to completely re-adjust my seat several times a week.
Awful gas mileage. Less than 20 unless it's on a highway trip.
Steering wheel makes intermittent clicking noise.
High pitched noise (reminds me of being in an airplane) from front driver's side when accelerating.
Frequent vibration at idle. If heater is turned on or doors locked/unlocked, it briefly stops, then starts again.
Have noticed it occasionally, when going slowly and making a sharp turn/acceleration up a hill it will lag before suddenly jerking forward.
Windshield wiper motor had to be replaced due to excessive noise. Is already starting to get noisy again.
Driver's side window had to be lubricated due to shuddering/jerking. Is already starting to do it again.
Oh, and let's not forget the weird windshield wipers, that pull the rain back into the driver's line of sight. Very distracting and not safe.

Almost all this issues are the "cannot replicate" type, meaning they never get repaired.
The warranty expires at the end of March. We will be dumping this POS and never buying another Honda again.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Well, try another StealerShip and perhaps you will get some satisfaction.
Put it all in writing and get their reports in writing.
Perhaps you should put your problems in a complaint to the Regional HQ, or whatever the higher up is.
Buffalo4

·
Registered
776 Posts
Before you do anything harsh, why not start a line of communication with Honda America. Lemon laws certainly may apply in your situation so start organizing your service reports and document as much as possible. I'd be all over Honda before just giving up on the car !! Craig

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
All these issues make me wonder...

Bought it brand new from the dealership and I've never been so disappointed in a car before. This is our first, and last Honda.
It has 14k miles on it now...

Clunks, groans and grinds, rattles.
Heated seats frequently seem to shut off after a few minutes.
Driver's seat frequently changes position while car is parked. Have found it completely reclined before. Usually it self-lowers and tips backward. I have to completely re-adjust my seat several times a week.
Awful gas mileage. Less than 20 unless it's on a highway trip.
Steering wheel makes intermittent clicking noise.
High pitched noise (reminds me of being in an airplane) from front driver's side when accelerating.
Frequent vibration at idle. If heater is turned on or doors locked/unlocked, it briefly stops, then starts again.
Have noticed it occasionally, when going slowly and making a sharp turn/acceleration up a hill it will lag before suddenly jerking forward.
Windshield wiper motor had to be replaced due to excessive noise. Is already starting to get noisy again.
Driver's side window had to be lubricated due to shuddering/jerking. Is already starting to do it again.
Oh, and let's not forget the weird windshield wipers, that pull the rain back into the driver's line of sight. Very distracting and not safe.

Almost all this issues are the "cannot replicate" type, meaning they never get repaired.
The warranty expires at the end of March. We will be dumping this POS and never buying another Honda again.
Any one of these maladies would be too much, but with so many, and so varied, I wonder if this vehicle has been under water at some point? I would take it to another dealer and tell them of such suspicion and see it they will investigate? And/or an independent shop? If it can be documented you are due a lot of money back.

Sorry for such little help but the combination all those things suggest something fundamentally wrong with this vehicle?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Water you say ,right my 2012 with coming up 50000Km was spashed by an on coming vehical during a rainy dayt hit a water buildup,after that the car would develope a ruff idle when
coming to a stop at a red lights,parked at a lot and went to leave 4hrs later,the battery
was dead,as well the Engine Light was on, got a boost and drove to my Honda Dealer,
the battery was dead 5Min after arriving,a test of the computer said ,the Engine Had Timed Out
the computer could be fried and battery needs to be replaced as well,they said this is why
they have stopped power washing the engine compartments,I asked them to cancel
the engine light ,boost me, they did and I left,charged the batterywhen I got home.
and left for 500km drive on the weekend. So far all is well,I hope..
Beware Of Water CRV's are Sensitive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts