Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I have a subwoofer/amp installed and it has improved sound quite dramically. Now deciding on tweeters. Has anyone replaced just the tweeters and what are your results. I am hoping to find a plug and play upgraded tweeter. Is the cosmetics plastic piece just a simple ply off?

Mine is a 2013 EX-L with Nav.

·
Registered
704 Posts
1) I doubt you will here a difference just replacing the tweeters on the EX-L
2) The window wings do pry off, but you have to be very careful. There are two snap fittings and they are very tight. They are very easy to break. I suggest getting the Honda removal tools on ebay. The side of the plastic piece clips around the edge of the metal on the window frame.
3) You will not find plug-n-play. You will have to remove old tweets, cut some plastic, glue new ones in and splice wires.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2012 EX-L with Navi. I'm debating on the best method to install my new component speakers in the front door. Do I use the supplied crossover or do I just use the orginal signal coming from the factory amp. I beleive the amp is already filtering the signal but I could be wrong.
Any advise on the best way to wire these new speakers?

·
Registered
704 Posts
I have a 2012 EX-L with Navi. I'm debating on the best method to install my new component speakers in the front door. Do I use the supplied crossover or do I just use the orginal signal coming from the factory amp. I beleive the amp is already filtering the signal but I could be wrong.
Any advise on the best way to wire these new speakers?
I would try wiring them with the signals from the factory amp.
The Navi system has an external amplifier that has an electronic crossover built in.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Your wiring will be the same as the 2012 Civic w/Nav.
Each speaker is on a separate amp channel.
Here is the diagram...
14lmqgn.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts