Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, since I'm a moron and following posts/threads/and whatever the hell stickies are is for some reason challenging to me - I'm consolidating my questions.

I have a 2013 EXL AWD that I flat tow behind my RV, and I drive everyday to work when not camping/towing. I have added a Reese 2" hitch (for holding bike rack and bikes - no towing with CRv); a Road master towing system (plates and brackets); a brake light wiring kit; and accessory kill switch for towing - oh and as of today have about 26k miles on the vehicle which lives in south Texas.

1) I've read several hundred posts (on this site) about fluid changes. My manual says if I tow it I MUST change ATF fluid at 30k - Based on the hundreds of posts - that means - drain (as much as will come out) then refill. If there is a maintenance minder, how do I reset it myself when I hit 30K (assuming it will pop on it's own).

2) On the differential fluid - Honda dual pump II fluid - simply drain, re-install drain plug, then refill till spills out fill port, yes? Should I do this every 15/30K?

2.5) Oh now that free oil changes are expired going to start changing my own engine oil - any nuances to know on that? How do I reset the maintenance nanny?

3) I want to replace 'most' of my interior lights (dome, reading, etc...) with LED's which I have in hand - how the heck do I get the lens covers off (without breaking them) to replace the bulbs?

4) The day time running lights annoy me - they remind me of the lights on my 67 Camaro, old and orange-ish (I know they are supposed to be like that - but doesn't mean I have to like it). Has anyone replaced the bulbs in the daytime 'safety' lights with brighter bulbs?

5) I like the LED's on the 15 and newer year models - any retrofit kits for doing so on 13's that anyone has seen?

6) Gas cap loose? I keep getting that error (usually after a frog choker of a rainstorm). Dealer has "investigated" several times. Most recently they said I filled the car up with too much gas? Really? Really? it had half a tank when the light came on. I think based on that - they are clueless - any thoughts.

Thank you in advance.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts