Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of getting my front windows tinted, and I want to match the factory tinting from the back windows, does anyone know what percentage the back windows use?

Thanks

·
Registered
236 Posts
Any good tint shop will be able to match the color shade. The percentage of tint on the front windows is whatever your state allows and may not be as dark as the rear windows. My fronts are a little bit lighter than the rears and the overall look is great.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Just make sure the color is set to match too... My fronts were tinted at a reputable shop, but still, they are VERY SLIGHTLY greenish, whereas the factory tint is perfectly grey without hues.

·
Registered
742 Posts
The topc-spec CRV in the UK that I have has the rear passenger and tailgate windows tinted,

I believe its 60-65% tinted. I'll try and find out for you....

·
Registered
637 Posts
I had mine done a few weeks ago. The dealer did them (it's a high volume dealer and their own in-house guy took care of it). They asked me if I wanted to match the rear windows and I said yes. Although I don't think it's an exact match it looks good and works well.

·
Registered
507 Posts
You will be able to match it up to 95%. Find the best tint guy in your area. I used the best in Florida and it was well worth the $180 all around. there is a difference in quality among the tints too. Vehicle looks real slick.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My tint guy said he couldn't make the tint on my 2013 the same as my factory tint because it was against the law to have the front windows that dark, so he did a lighter tint on them. I wish it was just as dark. I also had a strip of visor tint put on the windshield. I'm glad I did that.

·
Registered
776 Posts
There was a thread on this recently where the poster gave out a link to a site that had all the individual state laws on it !! Search it out. Craig

1 - 8 of 8 Posts