Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Does anyone know if the stock 2013 HU can be swapped for better oem model? I have the one attached here. Is there a different model? I've seen a touchscreen in the 2015 and newer models but I don't think it plugs in to the 2012-2014 models.

s-l1600.jpg

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,670 Posts
No. The Navigation units with touchscreens were also available in the 2013. That part is easy. The problem comes with the fact that your wiring harness does not include the needed wiring harnesses and additional components for the change, and the cost of the entire change would be prohibitive, as in a couple thousand bucks. You will be way better off to just go aftermarket. Any double DIN unit can fit, and there are install kits available. I suggest you go to Crutchfield.com, type in your vehicle, and search from there. The site can tell you what head units will fit, along with what additional parts and wiring harnesses you will need for a myriad of available functions. They can also make up custom harnesses for a perfect turn-key fit. Unless you are a pro level installer, it's the best way to go for DIY. There are also tons of YouTube videos on this. I am planning a complete audio upgrade in the Spring, and I can tell you it takes a lot of research on your part if you want to do the work yourself. Unlike in the past, the vehicles, the wiring, the functions, etc., are all much more complex and complicated than they used to be, but it can still be done. It just takes a serious level of commitment. I think I have my head unit picked out, but I still have to pick out the speakers, amp, and other stuff like backup camera, ODB II functionality, phone compatibility, etc. to choose. Then, once it's all installed and working, it has to be properly adjusted to get the sound right. Altogether it will be a lot of work, but in the end it will pay off. Keep us posted on how yours goes. I'll do a thread here on mine when I do it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Just go aftermarket, I got a Kenwood on my 2014 cannot be more happier with it.

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,670 Posts
Just go aftermarket, I got a Kenwood on my 2014 cannot be more happier with it.
Well, in that case, we need pictures! We always need pictures. Can't get enough pictures. Did I mention pictures? Please share! Show us your new head unit setup, and give us the juicy details! Thanks!

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
3,785 Posts
Well, that's nice of you to mention., but without pictures and info why should we believe you? Old saying from another forum: "No pictures - didn't happen."

So, it's show and tell time. And give us details, please. Thanks.
Not the best of posts-hopefully he has thick skin and can take the slap down, get up and still be willing to participate.

The answer to your question can probably be found on crutchfield's site.

For the OP, let me share that even if the oem set up can be used, aftermarket products will give you many more features for fewer $$$ like CarPlay that you'll like once you start using them.

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,670 Posts
Rocky - I modified it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Reactions: FinishLine

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,670 Posts
Very nice looking unit! I hope it works as well. I especially like the front-mounted SD card slot, wish they all had that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts