Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have Honda CRV-2013 model.

I am facing some battery issues when I listen to radio/turn on lights for 2~3 Mins with out turning on engine, battery is draining, and car wont start.

Did anyone had similar issues with Honda?

I had the battery checked out at O'Reilys, and battery seems good.

Any advice in this matter would be helpful.

thank you.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Is it your original battery? You have to remember that even if a battery tests good it could still be a bad battery. My guess would be you need to replace it.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Is it your original battery? You have to remember that even if a battery tests good it could still be a bad battery. My guess would be you need to replace it.
Agree. While 4 years isn't a very long battery life, the 51R marginally-sized for this application. The OP may want to look at the thread in this forum for upsizing to a 24F battery, which is substantially larger.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Ahhh, the old battery life issue once again.

4 years may be considered normal life span if . .
a) bad luck
b) very bad luck
c) loose or corroded battery posts
d) failure to ever add distilled water to maintain proper level in battery

·
Registered
704 Posts
FWIW, I *just* replaced the battery in my 2013 EX-L because it would not hold a full charge and resting voltage was low (~10.5 volts - probably a shorted cell). Fluid levels were fine.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I have had them all. Buy an Interstate battery. The OEM size is small for the vehicle. The heat build up in South Florida and me parking for sometimes an hour or two while running is what killed mine in addition to the extra electrical gear I run.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Honda's Electrical Wiring are DESIGNED TO cause intermittent problem due to corrosion by using dissimilar types of metals. Look at the battery terminal and you will see some green corrosion. Try checking the voltage between the battery + terminal and engine/tranmission ground. Then compare it from the battery voltage.o

Make sure to clean the Body to Engine/Tranmission Ground. It's hidden under the bracket that hold the air filter housing and the other end underneath where the battery sits. You need to remove the front splash shield connected to the bumper.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Have a 2014 CR-V, our family purchased back in September 2013 , made a call to corporate about the issue, they notified my dealership, gave me a new battery free, hasn't died since, this was back in November 2015.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I changed my battery after 3 yrs. Annoying as the Dealer says they tested the battery and it was fine. Now, even with new battery, I dare not listen to the radio with the engine off. Also, I bought a battery booster: the type that you plug into the cig. lighter.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts