Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening, I been doing some reading since picking up our CRV last week and trying to see if there are others that have had some similar experiences as us.

Since we picked it up, we have felt some vibrations in the gas pedal when accelerating and at higher speeds (really startst around 60KM and up and highway speeds caused some vibrations in the steering wheel and seats). We took it back to the dealership this week and they had done a re-balance of the wheels to determine that one of the tires/wheels on right rear could not be balanced (bent wheel, bad tire?) and replaced it with new ones of both, and had the other 3 wheels set as well. Driving it since the vibration in the seats seems to be solved but the one in the pedal is still there just as before.

I have tried it with the Econ on and off and in both cases it is present. Hoping to get some feedback from the CRV family here as I am likely going to bring it back this coming week and could share some other experiences with them if they are unable to find a solution on their end.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Hi Oscar563; Did the car have any miles on it when you picked it up? I am wondering how a brand new CRV would have a bent wheel on it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
9 KM's on the car. Service department was unsure why the right rear could not balance and just ended up replacing both the wheel and tire. They did not look into it that much as he said it could have been the wheel or tire.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I also want to be a bit more precise on the word I use when vibrating. It is more of a rubbing feel in the gas pedal when accelerating. The vibration in seats were fixed with the balance in the tires. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
My first guess was that someone had it out for a test drive and hit a curb with the wheel. It would have been nice to get a close look at that tire and wheel. Anyway I will search for other info on the rubbing sound and get back.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
My first guess was that someone had it out for a test drive and hit a curb with the wheel. It would have been nice to get a close look at that tire and wheel. Anyway I will search for other info on the rubbing sound and get back.
The rubbing grinding type noise is usually from a bearing. Wheel or drive shaft bearings, but it would be hard to expect a bad bearing in such a new car, unless my original guess was correct. Have a good look at the rest of the tires and wheels to see if any impact damage may have occurred.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea had the car been more then 9KMS i could have thought that also but with that few mileage on it, car was a just delivered vehicle. Thanks for the help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts