Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Waiting to pick up our daughter's CPO 2013 CR-V LX and a search hasn't given me solid answers to some questions, so here goes. Thanks in advance!

1) Our 2008 Toyota Sienna LE came with an immobilizer, but not a security system (perimeter alarm). I found (thanks to having a searchable service manual!) that many features available on XLE were mere software switches, and with a little begging and $50 for a half hour shop time I got my local dealer to enable the alarm. Any such luck with the CR-V LX?

2) I see the LX doesn't have variable intermittent front wipers. Has anyone purchased the column stalk with the ring and the timer (perhaps the timer is software and is already resident?) and done this upgrade?

3) I downloaded the USA and International brochures for the 2013, but haven't found an accessories brochure or listing. Is there one? Does anyone have a preferred vendor for things like the retractable cargo cover, mud flaps, etc?

·
Registered
522 Posts
Not really my business, but here's my 2 cents anyway.

You're talking about a LX. The lowest priced edition. Don't get too involved in trying to update it to an Ex or higher model. I can see a cargo cover, but variable intermittent wipers? Heated mirrors next? Better radio? Fog lights? The list goes on. Will cost you plenty and it won't perform any better.

I don't believe LX's have a security alarm, but I'm not 100% certain.

But perhaps winter tires for safety?

Look at the site sponsors for accessories.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You forgot to mention Leather Seats, 17" alloys and the all important Flux Capacitor! It get it..... No offense taken.

But I was a little surprised that variable speed intermittent wipers weren't standard. Not the end of the world, but probably easily remedied. And if "adding" perimeter security was as simple as a digital '1' instead of a '0', that would be sweet too. Anything that could deters theft is worth $50 in my book.

Another Tire Rack winter package is on the list. Looks like my ATEQ Quickset should work with Honda's TPMS, although maybe it's time to just try out Schrader or Alligator cloned sensors.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts