Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 2013 EX with 76K miles that operates fine most of the time, but if it sits out in the snow or rain, the ABS, AWD, Trac and steering yellow warning lights often come on. After a day or so, everything is back to normal. I assume some sensor is getting wet. Suggestions please! :confused2:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope, battery light (red) does not come on; only the yellow ones. The car was in a minor right front accident (hood & fender didn't need any paint--just grille & r. headlight) a couple years ago, but was repaired and worked fine until recently when this wet-weather mischief came up. Interstate battery seems OK, can't see a date sticker on it, but think it's a couple years old. Always starts car fine, even in cold weather. (They sure don't put a very large battery in these cars). Maybe it's something in our garage--my wife's Jaguar does the same thing, but randomly--doesn't have to get wet. But, it's British...

·
Registered
24 Posts
It is a sensor that may be accumulating moisture and reporting a false positive. After getting warmed up, it dries out and the false alert goes away. Perhaps there's info on the location of the sensor that would help resolve this.

·
Everything in Moderation
8,045 Posts
Instead of guessing, bring the car in for a diagnostic check (preferably when the lights are ON).

The red BATTERY light is a charging system indicator, not necessarily a warning about the state of the battery itself. You could check the electrolyte level, and the tightness of the battery terminals (those should not twist without loosening).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do Honda dealers have a scanner that will pinpoint which sensor is sending a false reading, and sophisticated enough to store the error so it could be read when the lights are off? If so, I'll go have it done. (I don't suppose an OBDII scanner will--I have one of those)

·
Registered
2,554 Posts

·
Everything in Moderation
8,045 Posts
The Honda dealer's diagnostic tool is VERY sophisticated.

Of course for the price of a diagnostic at a dealer, you could buy a new battery....

Electronics HATE low voltages! I know that on the Gen5s, when the battery voltage drops, they illuminate a lot of warning lights for a few minutes. "Tokyo By Night", LOL.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Went snooping around under the car yesterday...and found that some rodent had chewed through the ABS sensor wire on the LF wheel. Mystery solved. Thanx for the suggestions.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts