Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Not-a-Mechanic
399 Posts
Good ceramic pads, not the cheapest rotors you can find. Looking at Rockauto's various brands I only see Brembo as a company I recognize for rotors. Don't bother with drilled or high performance unless you do a lot of extreme braking.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi jilat, i have 2014 ridge and went to Hawk lts pads- seems to stop noticebly better with these and most people give them very good reviews-for rotors napa coated or raybestos coated (same rotors actually) rock auto is good source

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
I bought rotors and pads from Auto Zone. They have worked well for me for the last 50k miles.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I need to do a break job on wife's CR V & looking at rock auto I'm thinking about Wagner & AC Delco. I'll never buy Bosch anything as I got a warped rotor out of the box (long story). Anyone think Wagner is better then ac Delco? Thanks guys

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hello people; I don't know much about brands but in my past from cars to bikes OEM seems to to last better. But why do you think they sell uncoated rotors as they rust in no time?
IBBY

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well, I decided to go with the Wagner brake pads. They were a tad cheaper, & at this time, every penny matters. My wife owns a Yoga studio, & with this craziness going on our income took quite a hit.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2012 Honda CRV EXL Nav AWD
6 Posts
hello people; What pads and rotors do you suggest?
IBBY
I use Powerstop Z23, this comes with ceramic brake pads along with drilled and slotted rotors. It performs good especially on a daily driver car, they look great, and less brake heat.

·
Registered
24 Posts
hello people; What pads and rotors do you suggest?
IBBY
I went to Rock Auto and did my homework. The difference in good and minimal is maybe twenty bucks. It's nice to see all the manufactures models grouped in Daily Driver and OEM and terms that mean something to me.

I chose Warner TQ's (Thermo Quiet) and was happy to see they are quality made. The glide clips were in the package and were replaced at that time. I suggest you buy quality ceramic pads for the service severity you anticipate.
Jerry

{EDIT}

I would also like to add, The original set were capable of getting 100-150 thousand miles with ease. Improving on that would be difficult unless you are building a racecar or something different.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts