Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, would appreciate any advice. Our 2013 CRV purchased earlier this year is working just great. But during a visit to family this past week, I noticed that the dashboard light indicating the parking brake is on was no longer coming in (i.e., I park and put on the brake, full force; but when I start the car again, the "brake" indicator on the dashboard does not light up, so if I don't remember to disengage the brake, I start driving with it on). Any ideas? We're definitely still under warranty, but the dealership is pretty far away so I'd love to have a sense of whether I can just go to our (very trusted) mechanics up the street instead...

·
Registered
345 Posts
You can take it to the nearest Honda dealer for warranty work. You do not have to take it back to the dealer you bought it from.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I know, but they're all a bit of a shlep (and we have a toddler and I'm very pregnant), so I was hoping to get more insight on what the problem may be so we can decide whether to just go up the block...

·
Registered
13 Posts
It sounds like a brake-light indicator bulb in the dashboard has gone out.

I would take your new Honda to a Honda dealer as "genep" suggested and have them repair it. Still under warranty.

Does your very trusted mechanic know about Honda's ?
Your "bulb" problem may turn out to be something more.....just a suggestion.

Hope you get it fixed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts