Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New guy here. So the other day some slug snapped off the antenna on the wife's '12 CR-V EX-L. I need to replace it so i'm going to do the Acura RDX sharkfin antenna swap but don't see one listed in Polished Metal Metallic. Anyone know if Acura Graphite Luster Metallic is the same? Looks like it or at least real close but i can't tell. On the recommendation of the local dealer dealer i'm taking it to the body shop as the roof may be dented they claim, it's sticking up in the front with a gap showing. Since it's only $100 insurance claim it's an easy decision for me. Thanks for any help

·
Registered
460 Posts
http://www.paintscratch.com/touch_up_paint/Honda/2012-Honda-CR-V.html
http://www.paintscratch.com/touch_up_paint/Acura/2012-Acura-RDX.html

Using windows 7 split screen, it looks like the Graphite is a bit darker then the polish metal. It does look like for 2012, the RDX did come in that color also.

Also sucks that idiots vandalize other people's car... They should get a job or stop wasting there money on other stuff if they want to buy a better car. Did the area you park in have camera's? Basically they are found almost in every store parking lot now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah unfortunately the '12 RDX has a mast antenna as well. I just looked at a '14 MDX in the parking lot in Graphite and while i can't compare it to the Polished Metal it does look a bit darker. But with the antenna i'm thinking it may not be noticeable. I'm sure there's a camera but i haven't pursued it yet as it just happened Sunday, maybe i'll go by and see. I'm just afraid of putting another mast on it only to have it snapped off as well!

·
Registered
460 Posts
I assume you saw this topic on DYI installing a RDX antenna?

http://www.crvownersclub.com/forums/24-do-yourself-mods/24730-diy-shark-fin-install.html

All antenna are external as far as I can tell. Also do check to see if the roof is dented I doubt it since the roof is flexible the only problem is if they made a tear in the hole which might cause water leaking in...

Obviously someone had the time to reach up and force the antenna out so you should see if they have a surveillance camera and get the person. If you do file a police report since it is obvious this person must have committed other crimes in the past.

Most police won't come out and take a statement since the damage is minor. You would have to take the picture or video to the police station or if they have a substation nearby yourself and fill out paper work. It will be a hassle as they don't like dealing with "small" crimes. At least you will have a record and if that person becomes a repeat offender and do it again to your car at least they might do something after a second incident.

If you don't have a picture or video, you would just end up eating the cost because they won't bother to investigate.

I met a professor who had her purse stolen and she cancelled all her cards. The criminals tried to use it at a few convenience stores with different cards the same day she cancelled everything and was denied according to the bank and the credit card company.. The police, didn't even bother to go to the stores and ask for tapes at the stores when she let them know they were attempted at these stores...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Yeah i saw it, and others as well. The installation isn't the issue, it's finding one color matched as i stated in the OP. But i've answered my own question as i just viewed a graphite RDX and a Polished Metal CR-V and the colors are definately different. I'll just have to have one sprayed to match i guess, no big deal.

As for the offender, personally i don't have the time to chase down whomever did it, and as it was in a parking lot in another city so the chances of him coming back are slim to none.

·
Banned
2,510 Posts
i assume you saw this topic on dyi installing a rdx antenna?

http://www.crvownersclub.com/forums/24-do-yourself-mods/24730-diy-shark-fin-install.html

all antenna are external as far as i can tell. Also do check to see if the roof is dented i doubt it since the roof is flexible the only problem is if they made a tear in the hole which might cause water leaking in...

Obviously someone had the time to reach up and force the antenna out so you should see if they have a surveillance camera and get the person. If you do file a police report since it is obvious this person must have committed other crimes in the past.

Most police won't come out and take a statement since the damage is minor. You would have to take the picture or video to the police station or if they have a substation nearby yourself and fill out paper work. It will be a hassle as they don't like dealing with "small" crimes. At least you will have a record and if that person becomes a repeat offender and do it again to your car at least they might do something after a second incident.

If you don't have a picture or video, you would just end up eating the cost because they won't bother to investigate.

I met a professor who had her purse stolen and she cancelled all her cards. The criminals tried to use it at a few convenience stores with different cards the same day she cancelled everything and was denied according to the bank and the credit card company.. The police, didn't even bother to go to the stores and ask for tapes at the stores when she let them know they were attempted at these stores...
lol.......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.