Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all, I was able to change my rear differential fluid without having up the CRV, also did my transmission fluid.

I know there's a jack area on the front, but what about the rear?

I currently have a trailer hitch that covers the rear hook so that's kind of off limits. Is there an area near the rear differential that is safe for a floor jack?

Anyone have a picture of the exact area? Thank you as always.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's my big fear, it always sounded odd to use that tiny spot.

But where's the correct spot to jack up?

·
Registered
776 Posts
The owner's manual has a diagram of the specific jacking points !! The jack is designed to mate with a protrusion on the unibody !! I'm going to make an adapter to fit that so I can use my alligator floor jack !!! My old Saabs had very specific inx to NOT jack on the rear axle as it would bend !!! Enough said !! Craig

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
The owner's manual has a diagram of the specific jacking points !! The jack is designed to mate with a protrusion on the unibody !! I'm going to make an adapter to fit that so I can use my alligator floor jack !!! My old Saabs had very specific inx to NOT jack on the rear axle as it would bend !!! Enough said !! Craig
On what page? The only jacking points my 2013 manual has are the side ones referencing the scissor jack.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Note that the above diagrams are for model years 07-10 so things may have changed since then !!! I have a 13 as well and have yet to examine the possibilities of where to jack it but I'll use the 13 owner's manual inx for now. Freelancing can possibly cause some damage so I'd be very careful. I did put a mirror under the rear point as shown in my manual yesterday (too lazy to crawl under) and it appears there's a recessed "pocket" that the jack fits into. Craig

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
A clarification...

On what page? The only jacking points my 2013 manual has are the side ones referencing the scissor jack.
I provided the images from the 2007-10 SERVICE MANUAL because they are not in the Owner's Manual, on the off chance they might helpful in finding the proper points on the '13.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts