Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 CRV EXL AWD, 14 CRV EXL AWD
2,572 Posts
Is the shuttering occuring during mild acceleration between 25 and 30 mph? Does the engine seem ok and the shuttering coming from the transmission? When was the last time you changed the transmission fluid?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hello people; Yes the shutter is under mild acceleration. I don't know where it's coming from. I have not changed the trans. fluid. Funny I had a couple of cases of emty bottles in the back and you can really here them during the shutter.
IBBY
t

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hello people; A co-worker was just telling me that he had the same issue. The dealer replaced the fluid (witch isn't much) and they did a upgrade with the computer and it went away. It was like $150 that he said should of been covered...
IBBY

·
Registered
17 CRV EXL AWD, 14 CRV EXL AWD
2,572 Posts
hello people; A co-worker was just telling me that he had the same issue. The dealer replaced the fluid (witch isn't much) and they did a upgrade with the computer and it went away. It was like $150 that he said should of been covered...
IBBY
Your co-worker is correct, Honda has two TSBs for this issue. The first is to try a software and fluid change.

If that didn't work or comes back the next fix is to replace the lockup torque converter in the transmission.

While Honda extended the warranty for this problem on 2012-2014 CRV, they only extended it for 8 yrs / 80,000 miles.

The issue is a "slip / stick" condition of the lockup clutch in the torque converter.

·
Registered
6 Posts
hello people; I have over 105K and my V has had this shuttering (mild shack) at about 25 MPH mostly when cold. Any one else?
IBBY
Same problem with my 2014 and I thought it was a tire problem. Honda has a service bulletin on this and they did a trans flush and computer update to improve the situation successfully but probably not permanently as it is a torque converter issue and will probably eventually return. The good news it is an annoying condition which you can just ignore or replace the converter for about $3k I understand.

·
Registered
2012 CRV EX-L
140 Posts
Just today I took my 2012 CRV in for the shuddering problem; they changed the transmission fluid and replaced with Honda transmission fluid. Wa-la....the shuddering went away, tried a jackrabbit start from the stop sign, flooring it around 25 mph and no shuddering.

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,662 Posts
Just today I took my 2012 CRV in for the shuddering problem; they changed the transmission fluid and replaced with Honda transmission fluid. Wa-la....the shuddering went away, tried a jackrabbit start from the stop sign, flooring it around 25 mph and no shuddering.
, No, you're pronouncing it wrong. It's voy-la. :cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts