Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

We are the original owner of a 2014 EX with a "special radio"!!

I purchased a Pioneer AVH4200NEX radio to replace the stock radio in our 2014 EX. I purchased the clock interface and steering wheel control adapter with it. All was purchased from Crutchfield. The radio works fine looking at the screen; I did get the steering wheel controls to work.

The problem i have is the midi screen shows, "AUDIO OFF" and will NOT let sound go to the speakers.

I noticed if i put the stock radio back in the truck, i get "AUDIO OFF" on the screen until I hold the power button. Reading the owners manual it states the truck is looking for a radio code to match before turning back on. Luckily, I have not removed my battery!

Does anyone know how i can bypass the Audio Theft Protection to be able to use another aftermarket radio??

I do not want to remove the battery as i cannot find the code for the stock radio. I tried the "push buttons 1 & 6" to get code to no avail.

Please help!!

Thank you

·
Registered
85 Posts
go to Honda dealer with registration and drivers license and ask for the code. they may require proof of ownership. And or go to Honda.com and join the owners club. I think the radio code is listed with your vin and any open recalls ect.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
go to Honda dealer with registration and drivers license and ask for the code. they may require proof of ownership. And or go to Honda.com and join the owners club. I think the radio code is listed with your vin and any open recalls ect.
I don't want the code for the OEM radio. I am installing an aftermarket radio (for CARPLAY!) in the SUV. I need advice on how to either trick the system to think OEM radio is installed or how to bypass the theft system to be able to install the Pioneer aftermarket radio.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Sorry it sounded like you needed the code in your first post. Considering you bought the gear at Crutchfield you can call them and they will provide you free of charge tech support for your installation.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry it sounded like you needed the code in your first post. Considering you bought the gear at Crutchfield you can call them and they will provide you free of charge tech support for your installation.
I did go to the Honda site you mentioned and received my OEM radio code. Thank you.

I did call Crutchfield two days in a row and they are not sure what is happening with the radio security.

I now wonder if somehow I can put my OEM radio code on a USB stick...put it in the USB to the midi screen then upload it!!

It sounds good on paper!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts