Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to modify the blower motor resistor to increase blower motor speed (only need it on the highest setting of course)
Or maybe some type of way to increase voltage or bypass the resistance altogether on the high setting...
This car has poor airflow (A/C and Heat), especially for being new! The kids sweat in the back seats even with the A/C on high!
We can only set to blow the air on our faces because if we switch it to our feet and faces the air is so weak you start sweating, even in the front seats.

We purchased the car new and it was winter so we didn't notice how poor the airflow was until summer hit.
I have already replaced the cabin air filter and yes the blower motor resistor is working through all the speeds.

I will also try testing the voltage of and see if it is actually getting the full 12 volts on high, I will update those results as soon as I can.
I might need to find a way to pump up the volts to 13 or 14, I don't care if I burn it out sooner I would rather have it working better.

Any other ideas or suggestions would be appreciated, thanks!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Is the car still under warranty? If so take it to the dealer. My 2015 AC blows just fine and cools the car rapidly even on 100 degree plus days last week. BTW If you open the center vents in the console to direct airflow to the back seat then the flow is reduced to the front vents.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
9,481 Posts
The first action in cases like this is to remove and check the cabin filter. If it seems clean, you could try leaving it out entirely (this has commonly been done in the hot parts of the world).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts