Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2014 EX-L has the dreaded cold start rattle maybe 30% of the time when started after sitting for >12 hours. TSB A09-010 only applies through model year 2012 but the issue seems to be the same. I found multiple references online to this problem occurring with 2014 models but I can't find any indication that Honda has done anything about it. If there is a TSB that I didn't see, please advise.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Honda has not done anything about it other than inform dealerships to not even replace the VTC actuator that's grinding/rattling because the issue will just come back. It's been going on since 2012 for the CR-Vs and 2008 for the Accords.

In some cases a better oil filter like Wix or Mahle has helped and some have gone as far as installing an oil sump pump type of device to prelube the engine before starting. The accusump is probably the best permanent solution but a bit pricey. None of this will be done by Honda by the way.

Good luck. Been there done that, which is the main reason I traded my '13 in.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Actually my 2008 CRV-V EX and my 2014 CRV-V LX had it, that's why I traded my 2014 LX in and finally went to a different manufacturer after I was assured the problem was solved.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts