Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am new to this forum. I am from Canada BC.
I am planning to buy a 2014 CR-V. I saw at my local dealership Honda certified 2014 CR-V EX-L with 15,000 KM on it asking for $29,875CND (before tax). I test drove the car and it is in good condition, doesn't seem like it has been abused. Is this a good price? How much discount should is reasonable? the sales person was only able to take $345CND off the price. Seems a bit low. Please let me know what you guys think. Thank You!!

·
Registered
2013 CRV EX FWD
2,988 Posts
Hi,
I am new to this forum. I am from Canada BC.
I am planning to buy a 2014 CR-V. I saw at my local dealership Honda certified 2014 CR-V EX-L with 15,000 KM on it asking for $29,875CND (before tax). I test drove the car and it is in good condition, doesn't seem like it has been abused. Is this a good price? How much discount should is reasonable? the sales person was only able to take $345CND off the price. Seems a bit low. Please let me know what you guys think. Thank You!!
What's a brand new EX-L going for up there?

·
Registered
867 Posts
Coastie makes a good point. How much would it cost you to get a brand new one?

How do you know it has not been abused? A one year lease? Never heard of them. We call that rental. I would get it checked by an impartial qualified mechanic for sure.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Honda stands behind their certified pre-owned. You get a 1yr 12k mile bumper to bumper from purchase date, plus they extend the powertrain to a 7yr 100k mile from date the dealership got the car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Coastie makes a good point. How much would it cost you to get a brand new one?

How do you know it has not been abused? A one year lease? Never heard of them. We call that rental. I would get it checked by an impartial qualified mechanic for sure.
For a brand new 2015 it'll cost $38500. The car was on a 4yr lease but the previous own traded in for a 2015.

·
Premium Member
2018 Honda CRV EX-L
425 Posts
I'm thinking they stand by their cars, apparently except for the VTC actuator noise discussed in this forum. I own a 2014 EX-L.

·
Registered
774 Posts
I don't know the current exchange rate, but that px seems high to me - CPO or not !! I've been looking at used CR-Vs for a month or so and just bought a 2013 EX in pristine condition with 21,000 miles for $21,000US. Don't forget, in dealer terms the 2016s are out so the car is now 2 years old !! I'd look at new ones if I were you. Craig

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just because terms are out for the 16, doesn't mean the book value changes. That won't happen until January. But once they are released in September, you can grab a 15 at a nice discount.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts