Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I remember hearing a sound like a rock hitting glass, so I pulled off to the side of the road. I looked at the windshield and headlights, didn't see any chips, so I kept driving.

Fast forward a few weeks, noticed the drivers side foglight lens is busted. Looked like a pebble hit it right in the center, and about half the shards of glass were still there.

I removed as much glass as I could and kept driving. Figured since the lights still work, no harm in putting off a potentially expensive repair, so I could research.

Looks like OEM fog lights for 2014 are about $265. Or $105 from HondaPartsNow. No brainer, I'll go with the later.

I only need the driver's side lamp enclosure replaced, but it looks like I can only get the entire kit for both sides including all the mounting junk.

I'm in Los Angeles, any advice on a competent shop that can replace the driver's side lamp enclosure? Honda wants way way way too much money.

2014-cr-v-foglight-lens.jpg
fog.jpg

·
Banned
806 Posts
Just an FYI, I ordered some parts from Hondapartsnow and the mail man showed up and wanted an addition $7.35 in postage. My wife paid it and I called and complained and haven't heard back on a resolution yet. I then get home and open my package. I clearly ordered the right part number, yet they sent me one that was different. The item is what I ordered, yet the part number is wrong. I went to my local Honda Dealer and the part I ordered is right. Yet the part that they shipped me the dealer had zero information on exact applications. And when I put the part number in Hondapartsnow website it prompts me saying they can't confirm that it will fit my vehicle. Irritated to say the least. I won't be paying for return shipping or replacement shipping. The beauty of it is that I can always dispute it with my credit card and have the charges reversed. We'll see how they handle the issue. Not happy with this being my first experience with them.

In regards to replacing your lens it should be pretty straight forward and easy to get to. I have a 2012 and just looked at it and it looks to me like you need to just remove the tire and wheel well liner to access the back of the light. Some screws and plastic clips. I would suggest having this tool, as it makes removal of those clips easy without damaging them. It can even be purchased at a local auto parts store. You would have to perform the same process just to replace the bulb. Minus removal of the screws securing the fog light to the vehicle.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Same thing happened to the passenger side of my 2013 CRV in December. I did not hear anything when the glass broke and noticed it in the garage a few days later. You should be able to purchase a single fog lamp assembly and do not need to order a complete kit.

Foglight is a simple assembly but the dealers were asking too much so I checked on ebay and bought a Honda original for about $50. I had seen the foglight kit install instructions so decided to change it myself. It became much easier after removing couple of clips and one screw from the wheel well liner. Took me about half an hour max to change it.

·
Registered
203 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just happened to me here in England same story. Ive just joined crv club. Thanks for the info. Regards Merv

1 - 5 of 5 Posts