Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the OEM steel wheels on there now. Pretty sure they're 16".

Just curious if I can just swap them out for 17" wheels and are there any issue with going to 17" wheels?

·
Registered
254 Posts
The only issue I know of is the potential damage to your wallet!

I considered doing it on my kids 2013 LX, but came to the conclusion that there was limited merit to doing so. A little more grip as the tires are a bit wider, a little better handling due to the lower profile, a bit harsher ride due to the lower profile, a higher cost for tires going forward and the initial outlay for nicer looking alloy wheels.

Someone may have to comment on future alignment specs if there are any centerline changes due to offset in combo with the width change. Typically there is no change, but worth asking.

·
Everything in Moderation
8,069 Posts
The only downside to swapping to bigger rims is a POSSIBLE decrease in fuel mileage. This assumes that your new tires are about the same diameter as the originals (hence, a lower profile).

·
Registered
93 Posts
Why would you have lower gas mileage. I have 17’s on mine right now. I bought it this way
You would not. If the diameter is the same, then the difference is more on the better gas mileage side than not. The reason is that there is 'Less Rolling Resistance' with a tire wheel combo that has a lower profile. All that rubber in a high profile tire causes rolling resistance.

I have 19" wheels and 55 aspect ratio. Haven't done extensive testing but seems to be about 2 mpg better than the oem 17".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts