Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi folks,

For the life of me I can't find information on this anywhere, no matter how much Googling I do...

I own a 2014 CR-V LX, like the base base model, with crappy tires and no amp.

I'm looking to upgrade the projectors, and finally decided to settle on these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/HID-Headlights-For-2012-2014-Honda-CR-V-LED-DRL-Bi-xenon-Projector-Headlamps-/121766044616?

Here are my problems:
1) I cannot find any information on how to actually replace the projectors on this model CR-V, nothing at all? Is it a few screws or do I have to remove the facia? If anyone has links or a step by step guide please let me know.

2) The seller (of course after shipping the item) sent me a message saying since this is an American CR-V I will need to do some rewiring to the projector. Their english is super bad and they haven't done a good job at explaining what I need to do, here is what they said and a picture diagram they sent (help if you know what they are saying?)

When I asked for specific instructions:
"we don't have the instructions, just our customers told us it needs
to do wiring because of the plug is a little different from USA model CRV,
and they said it is easy, thanks."

Then they sent a picture with the following message:
"this one plug need to connect the wire to your car source.please see the attach picture,thank you."

sTKGz8H.jpg

·
Registered
182 Posts
When I swapped out the headlamp housings in my 2015, I had to take the front bumper off. It was pretty involved since I hadn't done something to this extent before. As for the wiring, I could not tell you. Here is a pic of my car while I was doing the work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Isn't the 2015's fascia complete different from the 2014? Can anyone else confirm that I will need to do this to replace the projectors?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Yes the mounting points for the headlight housings are different. I used a guide on YouTube for a 2014 as my guide. You will still need to remove the front fascia to swap out the housings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So after speaking to a local shop that installs aftermarket projectors, I was convinced I shouldn't even buy this thing and return it.

According to him, even some of the higher end ones are not able to deal with Minnesota weather (very cold then hot etc) and condensation ends up ruining them.

Instead I have decided to just keep the current headlight housing and upgrade to an HID kit. Anyone know of the best one for 2014 CR-V?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts