Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had to get a new transmission for my 2014 CR-V EX-L. Now that I have the new one, I'm nervous about the car. This has shaken me 'cause dealership warranty company found a loophole and didn't pay for it. Makes me not want to be a Honda owner anymore, even though this is my first bad experience.

Am I worrying too much? Is my CR-V now basically a new car and I should enjoy it and keep driving, or trade? Thanks in advance for any guidance.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
12,164 Posts
What happened to require a complete transmission replacement?

Are you blaming Honda for a 'Dealership Warranty' (3rd party) issue?

Are you nervous about something in your car's operation that has changed?

There are many more things that affect reliabilty than a transmission. Have you performed all the other services that the Maintenance Minder recommends?

·
Registered
141 Posts
I just had to get a new transmission for my 2014 CR-V EX-L. Now that I have the new one, I'm nervous about the car. This has shaken me 'cause dealership warranty company found a loophole and didn't pay for it. Makes me not want to be a Honda owner anymore, even though this is my first bad experience.

Am I worrying too much? Is my CR-V now basically a new car and I should enjoy it and keep driving, or trade? Thanks in advance for any guidance.
I will guess that you paid at least $4000 for the replacement/rebuild. There is no way to get that money back on a sale of the vehicle. Keep it and drive it until either you have to do another major repair or until the vehicle is economically unviable to keep.

I am curious as to what loophole they used to get out of paying. If it's anything other than you not doing the called for maintenance I would consult with an attorney that specializes in warranty litigation.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
My warranty screwup was "he said/she said" type of situation where the dealership said they told me the car was dirty and they could not check the body for rust warranty. They didn't but managed to wiggle out of it together with Honda Baltic. Just stonewalled me.

Write everything down and think it over, the loophole might not be as tight as you think.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts